This is a blog about my random rants and a point of discussion for my clients, collegues and anyone in general who is interested in insurance, savings, investments and real estate.

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Self Actualisation

Some time back I attended a gathering with a few friends for a short meal and I noticed one very glaring characteristic about people. At the table there were different characters from various walks of life. Lawyers, doctors, teachers, bankers, HR managers, etc... Some abliet were doing much better than the rest and I noticed a very distinct characteristic about them. It is the ability not to complain and take whatever life throws at them. Then I thought about it for a while. If one were to complain about his or her plight day in and day out, he or she would not have enough time to notice that there were others around that needed a little listening to. The ability to listen is only inherent in people who are not tied up with their own social disgruntlement.
I would say that man management is an extremely challenging task. I for one would attest to the fact that I am not excelling in this aspect and am still learning to improve on this. Focus and being single minded in the quest to achieve one's goal is very essential. Let this focus go and life starts spiralling out of control. Everyone has their own unique problems. Never discount others' problems as trivial in comparison to yours. If you could, would you trade yourself in for any random person's out there without knowing who you were trading with? No one would. Be thankful that you are given the gift to live as normally as you have done so and yet be sympathetic to those around you who are born with less favourable gifts than yours.
It is rather difficult to be able to spot this glaring flaw but I think complaining about life in general is a sign that a person is not thankful for whatever he or she has.
moral of the story: look in the mirror and appreciate your life.

No comments: